May 12, 2010


More Mother's day gift Pictures!

The thought for today
Titus 2:1-8 (KJV)
1But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
6Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
7In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.



What makes a woman a Wise Titus 2 woman?
If you do work outside the house be at peace where God has you.  God provided  you with the job for a reason and this is where you are suppose to be until the door is opened again so that you can stay home and just be the keeper of the home. 

Are we considered wise woman because we are SAHM's or because we work and keep the house running?  I think experience make us wise. I was a SAHM for many years, I wasn't that good at it and well my support system sucked at that time I wasn't following Gods commands as a Godly woman I was young and foolish wanting it all. Now I long to go back to be a SAHM why because, I now know where I failed and what to do differently.  You see once you start to follow Gods commands and do what He asks of you, we become wiser, and brighter. We learn from the mistakes and move forward not to repeat them,  or at least that is the goal we should have.   But as wise woman we are at peace with where we are! Seeking God's calling as to where we should be.  I can work outside my home and still keep the house going it is called delegation, and chores for everyone.  (OK I hate chores! I admit it I fail and delegate way to much!). 

So be at peace God knows your heart, if your a SAHM wanting to work outside the home go to God he will show you His will and be at peace with that.  If you work outside the home and long to be a SAHM again seek God's will and be at peace with that.   OK I left out one very important factor out of this not only do we have to have God in the equation but we also need out spouses input in this too. 

Communication with our spouse is very very important one about this.  I work because we need my health insurance benefits along with my husbands health insurance benefits.  I talk to my husband about this once in a while which he reminds me of the car payment my medical bills my daughters dance the cell phones extra food on the table some months.  I get the picture I need to work to enjoy what we have now.

So being a wise Titus 2 woman comes from experience, trial and error and a very very strong relationship with God and our spouse.  Not to mention out children can't forget the kids, believe it or not the are benefiting from my working outside the house too.  (Their cell phones car insurance, schooling 32 miles away, dance, and other after school activities not to mention summer church camp, youth group activities, clothes, shoes ect )  Yes God is wiser then I am that's for sure!


So I will continue to strive to be a better Titus 2 woman and grow wiser as the days go by.

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment