April 16, 2010

This weekend Metloius Friends Community Church is hosting a Bible Quiz Meet. What is that you ask? Well I know that JR High and High School kids from the Northwest Yearly Meeting study different chapters and books in the Bible. And watching my daughter study they learn the scriptures frontwards and backwards and word for word from the NIV Bible.


I volunteered to help with the Quiz meet and was asked to familiarize myself with 2 Corinthians especially chapters 7-13. I have read these particular passages twice now and below are the verses that have stuck out and touched me today.


10Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death, 11See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.
(2 CORINTHIANS 7:10-11 NIV)


7But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us[a]—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. (2 CORINTHIANS 8:7 NIV)

[2 Corinthians 8:7 Some manuscripts in our love for you ]


6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
(2 CORINTHIANS 8:6-8 NIV)

8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 CORINTHIANS 12:8-10 NIV)


This is what I got from these passages, God has let us suffer to have us grow to repentance and to lean on Him. We are not to take God's gift lightly but to seek His wisdom to guide us in the right direction. He has given us thorns to prove to us that His grace is sufficient enough, and He has all the power we need. We need to be faithful and spread Gods message through our trials and triumphs and through His grace we need not be ashamed of our past. Through the seeds we sow His kingdom will grow, and depending on how strong our testimony will be the true test on how strong His kingdom will be.



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Good luck to all the kids this weekend. My God bless this time together.



Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment